How To Place an Order
How To Place an Order
The optician is legally obliged to provide you with a copy of your prescription after your eye test. If they don't give you this, make sure you askthem.
1.1 How recent does my prescription have to be?
Your prescription must be no older than two years. Your recommended intervals between eye tests vary depending on your age or medical history. Please contact us if you are unsure.
1.2 How do I read my prescription?
You don't need to worry about reading your prescription unlike anywhere else. We will sort that for you. We always request that you submit a copy of your prescription to us by either attaching an image to the order at the Prescription Entry page or alternatively email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inform us of the use of your glasses and one of our staff will contact you with the best recommendation for you.
Your Pupillary Distance or also known as PD / Pupil Distance is the distance between your eyes, measured between the centre of your pupils.In order for your glasses to work well the lenses need to be made to match this distance between your eyes, so that the centre of each lens aligns with the centre of your pupils
This is very important if you have a high-strength prescription or require bifocal or varifocals. It is not possible to use an average measurement for theselenses
2.1 How do I measure my pupil distance?
This measurement is in most cases not included in your prescription. So you may want to ask your Optician to measure your PD following your eye examination. If not, you can send us your existing frames and we can obtain the required measurement from these. Alternatively, you can measure your PD yourself – using a ruler and a mirror. See Guide to measure PD here (see)
Once frame has been chosen – Select 'Customise & Buy'. This will take you onto the stages of customisation as follows;
This is to select how you will use your glasses;
- Distance –General everyday use, Driving, Watching TV or worn all day if you are not a multifocal (bifocal or varifocal) wearer.
- Reading –These are suitable for close use. In most cases some individuals may have both a Distance and a Reading pair. In this case please customise each pair individually.
- Computer –also known as intermediate or middle distance – ideal for arm length activities
- Bifocal– Suitable for both Distance and Near. Combination of both lenses (Line across the lower portion of lens)
- Varifocal Premium– Standard Entry Varifocals – Ideal for those on a budget. Offers all round vision. Please note varifocals are designed to have distortion regions at the periphery. Adaptation is required for these.
- Varifocal Tailor-Made– Exceptional High standard Freeform Varifocal Design. Ideal for first time wearers, or those who want clear, easy use of their glasses at all distances.
- Frame Only– Fashion / i.e Non-Prescription lenses – These come with plano or zero-powered lens in the frame. For those fashion conscious
- Frame Only– Demo Lens / This comes with Frame only and no prescription or zero powered lens glazed into the frame. Ideal for those that want to just purchase a frame and have lens put in at their local optician.
4.2 Lens Options
Selection of Lens Coatings or Thinner lens dependent on your prescription or preference;
- Standard 1.5: Standard thickness lens with no coatings. (Ideal for those that do not like extra coating on their lenses). Ideal for prescriptions upto +/- 2.00
- Bronze Package: Standard 1.5 index lens + Scratch-Resistant Coating. Ideal for prescriptions upto +/-2.00
- Silver Package: Standard 1.5 index lens + Scratch Resistant Coating + Anti Reflective coating. Ideal for prescriptions upto +/-2.00
- Gold Package: Thin&Light 1.6 index lens. Upto 30% thinner. Includes Scratch Resistant and Anti-reflective coating. Great for Rimless frames and higher prescriptions. Ideal for prescriptions upto +/-4.00
- Polycarb: Ideal for Rimless frames or sports enthusiasts. Lightweight and Impact Resistant.
- Supathin: 1.67 Index Thinner&Lighter. Upto 40% thinner than standard. Includes Scratch Resistant and Anti-reflective coating. Free UV400 Protection and Hydrophobic Advanced Coating. Recommended for prescription between +/- 4.00 -6.00
- Ultrathin: 1.74 Thinnest & Lightest Option. Upto 50% thinner. Includes Scratch Resistant and Anti-reflective coating. Free UV400 Protection and Hydrophobic Advanced Coating. Recommended for prescriptios over +/- 6.00
4.3 Transitions, Tints and Polarised
A great way to customise your glasses and benefit from reduced glare in bright light, protection against harmful UV rays of the sun or for an improved cosmetic appearance.
- Completely clear Indoors and at night.
- Fast Fade Back Speed
- Block 100% UVA & UVB Rays
- Available in Grey or Brown
4.4 Enter your Prescription
You can enter your prescription at this stage manually by selecting the dropdown boxes.
- Enter Manually: Select dropdown boxes and choose your SPH, CYL, Axis and Add if required.
- Upload your prescription: Upload your prescription as scanned image.
- Email us your Prescription: email to email@example.com once order has been placed. As easy as taking a photo with your camera phone and direct email to us.
- Choose your Pupillary Distance– Enter your PD if known or alternatively send your own frame to us at Specs123, 276 Queens Road, Halifax, HX1 4NJ
4.5 Terms and Conditions of order
- You must be over 16years of age and not registered partially sighted or blind.
- Ensure you have entered the correct prescription details.
- Choose to continue to basket once confirmed, or select send prescription later.